Everyone knows I take a ridiculous amount of photos. For every shot I post … I probably have at least five shots of the same thing, if not more. In my defense, sometimes you just have to find that difference in lighting and angle.
Two days ago, I got a message from Kevin, Hiro’s former cycling teammate who met up with us in Japan. He had been traveling recently and apparently took one too many photos of his food – enough to have left an impression on his friend who later forwarded an article from the New York Times; First Camera, Then Fork. Perhaps I’m not such an oddball after all … well that’s highly debatable.
Everyone is doing it. What you may ask?! Taking photos of their food. More and more people are not just taking photos of their food when they travel, but actually taking pictures of everything they ingest. From grilled cheese sandwiches to your good ol’ hamburger, everything seems to be photo worthy.
After reading through it, I was inspired to look through the food portraits I took on my eight day jaunt in the land of the rising sun. In all, I took around 100 food photos … don’t worry, I didn’t post them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment